The LBECE Committee focuses on federal, state and local policy initiatives related to early childhood education and the health & welfare of children and families.
Through its Workgroup, the Committee also acts as a catalyst for parent leadership development and mobilization.
Past projects include:
- Town Hall Convenings
- Local input sessions for the California Comprehensive Early Learning Plan (CCELP)
- Parents as Leaders (PALS)/Parent Leadership Academy (PLAy)
- ECE Committee Annual Reports
- Direct Civic/Legislative Advocacy
- Formal legislative positions