The transition from preschool to kindergarten is one of the most difficult, critical, and yet exciting events in a young child’s life.
Providing a smooth transition for a preschooler from the home and/or preschool environment to the elementary school can make a significant difference in how well the child adjusts to a formal setting.
The LBECE Committee aims to facilitate this transition process by providing families with the information and resources they need to support the health, safety, socio-emotional, and educational well-being of their child.
Purpose of Kindergarten Festivals
- To increase parents’ comfort level with the formal school experience and lower anxiety levels
- To support the home environment as the primary learning environment
- To provide hands-on, teacher-modeled learning activities that can be replicated at home
- To provide an opportunity for parents to gain district-related information such as kindergarten registration, uniforms, home school, school of choice, etc.
- To provide an opportunity for families to receive [free] information regarding community resources that are accessible and beneficial such as the public libraries, ChildNet, before/after school child care, asthma assistance, etc.
- To provide information regarding Transitional Kindergarten
Parent Information Sessions:
- How to help your child with Math skills
- How to help your child with Literacy skills
- Kindergarten Readiness Information
- Transitional Kindergarten
- LBUSD Information
2023 Kindergarten Festivals
February 24, 2023 UPDATE:
Due to a severe weather forecast for this weekend, we must cancel the Early Learning and Kindergarten Festival scheduled for 9 a.m. to noon this Saturday, Feb. 25, at Burcham Elementary School. For those of you who had planned to attend, we are very sorry for the inconvenience. To view our recorded virtual festival from earlier this month, please click here
Photos from Past Kindergarten Festivals